Welcome to Episode 79 of The Sensory Project Show! In this episode, Rachel and Jessica discuss their favorite products for babies - more specifically, what you can add to your baby registry if you’re expecting OR what you can purchase for someone who is expecting. With all of the different baby-product companies out there, it can be hard to know what to buy so today, Rachel and Jessica break it down while also giving you the WHY behind each item. You can find all of the links from this episode on The Sensory Project Blog website. Enjoy!
SHOW NOTES / LINKS / RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
Be sure to check out Nekole at Kids OT Help.
Besides the normal things like diapers and clothes, towels and blankets,
- Everything from Lovevery
- Moby Classic Baby Wrap
- Vibrating Star Teether
- DockATot Baby Lounger
- Swaddle (0-3 months)
- High chair with foot support
- Nomi - transitions between 3 different sizes for stages of baby / toddler
- Stokke - another seat that transitions for different ages / sizes
- Philips Pacifier
- Floor Mirror
- Crinkle Toy
- Pod Swing
- Cuddle Hammock Swing
- Doorway Hammock Swing
- Safety first! Always put cushions under and don’t leave your infant / toddler unsupervised!
- Pop-up Tunnel
- Vibrating Stuffed Dog
- Round Therapy Ball
- Peanut Therapy Ball
- Pop-up Ball Pit (balls not included)
- Baby and Toddler Pool
- Balls for Ball Pit
- Ready to join us in our next adventure?! Our membership site - The Sensory Project Club - is where we provide you with new resources monthly, to help you and your child thrive (whether you’re a parent, caregiver, therapist, educator - there’s something for everyone!). You don’t want to miss this amazing opportunity! Click HERE to get signed up!
- Our Multi-Sensory Processing Challenge Course is the perfect way to incorporate multi-sensory activities into your life - and your child’s life! Each activity is modifiable for different ages and different skill levels. Click HERE to check it out!
Connect with us on Instagram and Facebook @thesensoryprojectshow
Email us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share your videos and pictures with us so we can feature them on our Instagram!
SUMMARY OF THE SENSORY PROJECT SHOW
Rachel Harrington, a pediatric Occupational Therapy Assistant and owner of The Sensory Project, along with Jessica Hill, a pediatric Occupational Therapy Assistant, health coach entrepreneur, and mother, answer your questions related to all things sensory, occupational therapy, parenting, self-care, nutrition, and health, from a therapist’s perspective. Providing raw, honest, fun ideas, and strategies, for parents and families to implement into daily life. They are also the owners of All Things Sensory, LLC, as well as operate the one-of-a-kind sensory membership website, The Sensory Project Club.
While we make every effort to share correct information, we are still learning. We will double check all of our facts but realize that medicine is a constantly changing science and art. One doctor / therapist may have a different way of doing things from another. We are simply presenting our views and opinions on how to address common sensory challenges, health related difficulties and what we have found to be beneficial that will be as evidenced based as possible. By listening to this podcast, you agree not to use this podcast as medical advice to treat any medical condition in either yourself or your children. Consult your child’s pediatrician/ therapist for any medical issues that he or she may be having. This entire disclaimer also applies to any guests or contributors to the podcast. Under no circumstances shall Rachel Harrington, The Sensory Project, LLC, Jessica Hill, All Things Sensory, LLC, or any guests or contributors to the podcast, as well as any employees, associates, or affiliates of any of the above, be responsible for damages arising from use of the podcast.
ADDITIONAL LEGAL DISCLAIMER
This podcast should not be used in any legal capacity whatsoever, including but not limited to establishing “standard of care” in a legal sense or as a basis for expert witness testimony. No guarantee is given regarding the accuracy of any statements or opinions made on the podcast.