Welcome to Episode 82 of The Sensory Project Show! In today’s episode, Rachel and Jessica are LIVE on Instagram! Answering YOUR questions and talking about all things weighted, messy play, The Listening Program, and more! You can find all the links from today’s episode at The Sensory Project Blog. Enjoy!
SHOW NOTES / LINKS / RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
- Sensational Brain View-on-Demand Webinars
- PESI Online Courses
- Jenny Clark, OTR/L
- Clinician’s View Courses
- American Journal of Occupational Therapy (AJOT)
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- The use of a weighted vest to increase on-task behavior in children with attention difficulties.
- Effectiveness of sensory processing strategies on activity level in inclusive preschool classrooms.
- The Sensory Project Weighted Items
- The Sensory Project Show: Tips & Tricks for Using Weighted Products Efficiently
- Weighted Vest Data Tracking Sheet for Schools
- Freebie: Weighted Items Social Stories
- ARK Therapeutic
- The Sensory Project Show: Messy Play ALL DAY!
- Nekole at Kids OT Help
- Kids OT Help Feeding Course
- The Sensory Project Show: Favorite Tools for Regulation
- The Zones of Regulation
- Superflex and The Unthinkables
- The Sensory Project Show: Interview with Alex Doman, CEO of Advanced Brain Technologies
- The Sensory Project Show: Auditory Processing
- Astronaut Training
- The Sensory Project Show: Everyone’s Favorite Topic: Screen Time!
- We finally launched our FIRST online course! It’s called the Sensory Diet Crash Course and it’s available NOW! Click HERE to learn how to create simple, effective sensory diets for your child or clients!
- Ready to join us in our next adventure?! Our membership site - The Sensory Project Club - is where we provide you with new resources monthly, to help you and your child thrive (whether you’re a parent, caregiver, therapist, educator - there’s something for everyone!). You don’t want to miss this amazing opportunity! Click HERE to get signed up!
Connect with us on Instagram and Facebook @thesensoryprojectshow
Email us your questions at email@example.com
Share your videos and pictures with us so we can feature them on our Instagram!
SUMMARY OF THE SENSORY PROJECT SHOW
Rachel Harrington, a pediatric Occupational Therapy Assistant and owner of The Sensory Project, along with Jessica Hill, a pediatric Occupational Therapy Assistant, health coach entrepreneur, and mother, answer your questions related to all things sensory, occupational therapy, parenting, self-care, nutrition, and health, from a therapist’s perspective. Providing raw, honest, fun ideas, and strategies, for parents and families to implement into daily life. They are also the owners of All Things Sensory, LLC, as well as operate the one-of-a-kind sensory membership website, The Sensory Project Club.
While we make every effort to share correct information, we are still learning. We will double check all of our facts but realize that medicine is a constantly changing science and art. One doctor / therapist may have a different way of doing things from another. We are simply presenting our views and opinions on how to address common sensory challenges, health related difficulties and what we have found to be beneficial that will be as evidenced based as possible. By listening to this podcast, you agree not to use this podcast as medical advice to treat any medical condition in either yourself or your children. Consult your child’s pediatrician/ therapist for any medical issues that he or she may be having. This entire disclaimer also applies to any guests or contributors to the podcast. Under no circumstances shall Rachel Harrington, The Sensory Project, LLC, Jessica Hill, All Things Sensory, LLC, or any guests or contributors to the podcast, as well as any employees, associates, or affiliates of any of the above, be responsible for damages arising from use of the podcast.
ADDITIONAL LEGAL DISCLAIMER
This podcast should not be used in any legal capacity whatsoever, including but not limited to establishing “standard of care” in a legal sense or as a basis for expert witness testimony. No guarantee is given regarding the accuracy of any statements or opinions made on the podcast.